Tuesday, July 03, 2007

One Crazy Month

Well, I have been out of school for 2+ weeks and still have not blogged...ridiculous!
Highlights of the last month:
caving with outdoor club
end of the year fun in class
last day of school
finishing cleaning my classroom
lifeguarding again
deMeng class in Topsfield and Todd Farm Flea Market
3rd wedding anniversary
offer accepted on house
14 more shirts to the artisan gallery in noho (all the rest sold)
cleaning bedroom closet
lots and lots of ice cream
starting camp again (but only part time)
rarely working mornings
first bike ride of the summer

I'm not quite sure where the last two weeks went. I worked some and definitely slept too. But the art has taken a back burner as I obsess in my imagination about the house...sigh, the house. So much work but so pretty and very exciting. Due to the house on the horizon I am trying to organize and purge the apartment of needless crap. But I really should be doing art because thinking about the house too much makes me crazy. I have so many projects started that need love and attention. I will post more as I move along.

2 comments:

Carol Soules said...

woohoo!
..... but you did 14 new shirts last week..that's a lot of art!

.... your house ideas and plans... that's another form of your art as well.

Happy dreaming and here's to art... in all its forms.

.... and don't forget the trip to Innisfree! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetness, you inspired me to start doing art again- I swiped a book and am making my own altered book. I got an old-school textbook on speech and language and I am blacking it out in boxes to make my own story about...something. The ink leaks through the paper, so on the back of every other page I am going to make a theme collage. In my head I am calling it "On the same page". It seems to be a running theme these past few months.
Anyway, you are an inspiration, so even if you aren't "doing" art, your art is still flowing through the world.