Monday, January 22, 2007

Exerpt from another post on another blog

I want to do things alternatively. I want to shape my students into people more successful than previously thought possible. I want to get kids engaged in real science. I want students to work hard and learn more. I want to make school more creative and less systematic. Lately what I find most discouraging is that my students are so used to using textbooks and doing easy assignment that they ask for it and I get feedback from the people over me that my classroom is too hard, too confusing, too complicated. I know it is both confusing and different for them. I need to make the confusing parts extra simple to get them to the different stuff. I know this is important, but I still am constantly frustrated my the traditionalism around me because it makes two things to worry about instead of just trying to break the mold.

No comments: